Friday, July 18, 2008

Reality Show by Inez and Vinoodh

I was gone one for a week and look what I come back to! A Vogue Paris cover and accompanying editorial! I am still in the shock phase right now, and I really have no idea what to write ... wellactually I do!

In my opinion Vogue Paris is one of the few magazines that understands Daria's beauty and appeal, and they often showcase her in her natural spirit, with minimal makeup and styling akin to her own. Yet this time they're leaning in the opposite direction of why I find her so appealing.

I have to admit I would have loved a cover with Daria at her tomboy best, like the recent Isabel Marant campaign.
The issue is dedicated to Yves Saint Laurent, the late fashion designer who passed away this year, and I believe the magazine was going for the Le Smoking look he was known for. Yet this message is lost in the cover. The look comes off more stiff than effortless glamour.


Reality Show
Vogue Paris August 2008
Daria Werbowy by Inez and Vinoodh

1 comment:

  1. She is so lovely. I can see why Karl Lagerfeld likes her so...

    but, to me, she always looks empty

    which makes me like her more, like she has substance and fragility behind her perfectly arranged skin/bones.

    umm....sorry

    ReplyDelete