Thursday, July 2, 2009

Waiting for August

It was not too long ago that we heard news of the Vogue Paris August 2008 issue, but it already feels like a lifetime has passed! I'm not sure about you reading this, but I know that I am anxiously awaiting the issue, dedicated to Daria and shot solely by Inez van Lamsweerde and Vinoodh Matadin.

I've been reading up on Inez and Vinoodh's work aesthetic as well as flipping through some of my old magazines that included collaborations between Daria and the photographers, which has gotten me even more excited.

Looking at the all of the images, I've noticed that Daria has made some of her more impressive editorials with the duo. There is always a study of sexuality and gender roles in their images and they have captured both ends of the spectrum when it comes to themes and dynamics. For a more visual explanation, I've included a gallery of images shot by Inez and Vinoodh all feauturing Daria. Hopefully, this will hold you off until August.






1 comment:

  1. I've been waiting for the issue as well! I&V and Daria is probably my fav photog/model pairing ever. They always create striking, beautiful images that are sexy, but you don't feel like it's a sexy directed solely towards men. It's a deeper and more thoughtful type.

    ReplyDelete