Tuesday, December 8, 2009

In the Midst of Chaos

Trust Daria to walk in the most elusive show of Paris fashion week. In fact, I think Balmain is the most guarded presentation of all fashion weeks, save maybe for Maison Martin Margiela. What I mean to say is that pictures from Daria's appearance have been very hard to find. It seems that every backstage photography site that I come across has every show's images uploaded except for Balmain. In fact, the backstage images took a few weeks to surface! That is why, when visiting a favourite site of mine today it was quite the treat to come upon a beautiful image like this:


Daria was captured through the lens of Delphine Achard, a talented French beauty photographer who manages to capture great portraits amidst the backstage chaos. If you have time visit her site at www.delphineachard.com . I've written about backstage photography before but I will say it again - I love how photographers like Delphine manage to capture the little secluded moments in the busiest of times ...  Hopefully there are more images like this but for now I think we can be pleased! And if that image isn't enough to intrigue you take a look at more of Achard's images below.


P.S. Daria's appearance in a SS10 DSquared campaign is all but confirmed ... but more on that later!

No comments:

Post a Comment